13th April 2020 - New Safety Measures Implimented 13/04/2020
With effect of the 14th April 2020, we are implementing the following new safety measures to help ensure the safety of our staff, customers and your fellow passengers.
To protect those traveling on our buses, we are asking our customers and passengers to follow the guidelines that have been issued buy Public Health England regarding social distancing to help protect our Staff, Key Workers and other passengers while you travel.
- While waiting at the bus stop, please allow room for others to wait and wait 2 meters apart,
- Before you board our bus please allow others to exit the vehicle,
- Allow space between your fellow passengers and board one at a time, wait on the pavement until the passenger in front has paid their fares,
- Sit in every other seat (unless traveling with your family), allow space and keep the seat next to, behind and in front of you empty if possible,
- Paying your fare -
- Our preferred payment method at the present time is either contactless using your Debit or Credit card or our mobile ticketing facility on our website and we would ask you to use this as the main way in which you pay your fare,
- If you are unable to make payment using contactless payment methods then we will be accepting Cash but with EXACT CHANGE ONLY, and all our drivers have been instructed not to issue change,
- If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of Coronavirus, please DO NOT TRAVEL, stay at home and follow Government advice,
- Since the pandemic started our already high cleaning standards have been increased and now every vehicle is being deep cleaned nightly, with extra attention given to all surfaces, hand poles, and grab handles now being all sanitized nightly,
All our routes continue to be operated (most to reduced frequency's in off peak hours), these routes are all essential to support NHS and other key worker needing to travel, as well as those in our communities who require our buses to get them to Doctors, Supermarkets and Pharmacy's. We ask that everyone who travels on our buses help ensure our buses remain as safe a possible.
The current situation is something that has never happened before and we would ask that our staff are treated with respect and that all our passengers continue to be patient, Our staff continue to provide a vital service in challenging circumstances, and so deserve to be treated with respect.
We will continue to review the situation daily and will communicate any updates through our website and social media pages.