Coronavirus travel information
On this page you'll find everything you need to know about travelling with us during the current coronavirus pandemic.
The safety and well-being of both our customers and staff, and their families, is our top priority.
We would like to reassure you that we continue to follow the latest guidance from the Government and have implemented enhanced measures to protect our customers and staff.
We are currently running temporary timetables on most of our routes. From Tuesday 6 April 2021 we will be reintroducing our full timetables across all routes - click here for details
The Government has made it mandatory to wear a face covering when using public transport. A scarf is also acceptable as long as it covers your nose and mouth.
Please have your face covering or mask ready and ensure you are wearing it before you get on the bus. You must keep it on for the duration of your journey with us and also while in any bus station.
Some people are exempt, for example certain medical conditions and those aged under 11. You can find out more information on exemptions on the Governments website - click here for details
Our buses have also been fitted with cab protection screens to help protect both our drivers and customers.
Unfortunately our drivers will have to refuse travel to anyone not wearing a face covering, unless exempt.
What are we doing?
- We've enhanced our already rigorous cleaning regime with particular focus on high touch points such as hand poles, stop buttons and around the driver's cab area.
- We're fogging our buses every evening with an anti-viral chemical that is proven to be effective against the coronavirus.
- We have improved the cleaning in our office and staff areas, including weekly fogging, to minimise the risk to our staff and visitors.
- We're checking staff temperatures as they arrive for work. Anyone with a high temperature is being sent home to arrange a coronavirus test.
What should you do?
- Try to travel at quieter times whenever possible.
- Wear a face covering unless exempt - see face coverings section above
- Wash your hands before and after travelling, and carry hand sanitiser gel for when this is not possible. We've fitted sanitiser stations in the entrance of our buses too.
- Use a tissue if you cough or sneeze - please dispose of this responsibly as soon as possible
- Pay your fare with contactless or our mobile app rather than cash. We are still accepting cash but for exact fare only - our drivers will not be giving change. Download our app and buy mobile tickets here
- Remember social distancing and keep a safe distance away from others when waiting for the bus, allow others to get off the bus before boarding and sit away from others, by the window when possible, while travelling with us. To give our drivers some space do not use the seats directly behind the driver.
Due to social distancing the capacity on our buses is reduced by around 50% - this does mean that during busy times you may not be able to board your preferred journey and will have to wait for the next bus.
We will keep this page updated with the latest information regarding our services and how we're helping to keep you safe when travelling with us. For the latest Government guidance please click here